[sword-devel] Perl binding for Sword library

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:00:04 +0200

Hi all!

Maybe you remember the cool Sword bindings in Perl made by John Kaiser in
2001?

I added the necessary files in sword/bindings/perl/ in current CVS so
everybody who's interested using Perl with Sword can have a look at it.

In my opinion there are the momen some problems:
	-The current structure only works with Bibles
	-Iterators only support Bibles, too
	-Missing write and modify functions

My dream is that we can use the Sword Perl module to create modules directly
using perl!
And the module could provide functions to compress modules, write config files
with the right entries and creating zip files using the right module files!
This would really make module creation easy for those who know perl!

I played a bit with the code and I think I can do basic things to improve the
class structure, but I don't know Perl well enough? Anybody interested
helping me?
John Kaiser, are you still here? I'd would be cool to get some comments.

Joachim