[sword-devel] I began the XML parser (about my "patch")

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 02:43:08 +0600

Hi;

I threw a .tar.gz file with my partially written (but already useful) parser
for XML/SGML/HTML.

It now parses only tags. But it seems that we will need also parsing of
entities and XML "flow" itself... You are welcome to write "addons" to it.

Interesting thing is that SWBasicFilter filter already does some parsing of
XML like text. So we have two separate pieces of code for conceptually similar
things. I think we should write a more universal XML parser and use it in
SWBasicFilter instead as it is now having its own parser in SWBasicFilter.
--
Victor Porton (porton@narod.ru)