[sword-devel] Idea: aliased names in LD

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:26:28 -0700

>     This mechanism already exists, in principle, in the sword engine,
> though, not sure if any lexicons actually use it yet.  Many commentaries
> do, however.

I will (eventually) release an updated WebstersDict module with linked
keys.  I have a list of alternate spellings of words for which we
already have entries, so they just need to be added as linked entries.
I will try to move this up in my queue so that you can play with it
sooner than later.

I also plan to redo the Thayer and BDB modules to index by Strong's
number and by the word itself.  But this requires widespread frontend
support for UTF-8 keys in lexica.

--Chris