[sword-devel] Korean Bible

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:12:13 +0800

Hi Don,

>http://elbourne.org/sword/Korean_screenshot.jpg
>
>http://elbourne.org/sword/ChiGu_screenshot.jpg

The CJK (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) characters are split up into several
different parts. I think your version of Arial Unicode MS is missing
some of them. The screenshot of the Chinese Bible looks weird; a lot
of characters are missing. Compare to mine at
http://www.web42.com/software/jianzidian/ .

You could try to download a newer version of Arial Unicode MS (if you
have trouble finding it, I can upload mine for you). For the record,
here's the size and date of mine:

arialuni.ttf  24,172,892 bytes   Thursday, June 03, 1999, 2:19:52 PM

(Maybe there is even a newer version at Microsoft.com, this one is
also missing some specialized characters).

Or you could try using a different font, e.g. Bitstream Cyberbit.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the
moment."  -- C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain