[sword-devel] Many bugs :-(

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:06:04 +0600

Sadly not so simple:

1. I already noted in one of my previous letters that there are no good
specification for Sword modules. These appears to be bugs as different types
of modules behave differently. But there are no specification which would
point what is the correct behavior. I asked about it before, but no reply.

2. It is MUCH simpler to fix bug in complex and little commented code to one
who has written it than for somebody else! (Well, I even do not know the .idx
file format.) Ugh, I one who has written does not, I will try to understand
the code. (Now instead I am busy with deals unrelated to Sword).

P.S. I retell about the bug with SWLD where the first key is readied twice by
for(*mod=TOP; !mod->Error(); (*mod)++). After fixing this bug I can try to
cause my LD editor to work and while writing it it I will be able to detect
further bugs and probably formulate proposed exact specification.

--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)