[sword-devel] [OT] free water, power, food

Chris Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:59:12 -0500

there are many things we dont need. Yet we like them and there is nothing
wrong with that.

I like electricity. I like rubber souled shoes.

If private companies didnt charge for water the government would provide it.
In that case we would pay a tax for it.

Nothing wrong with taxes.

2 cents.

cj

-----Original Message-----
From: Leon Brooks [mailto:leon@brooks.fdns.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 7:42 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: [sword-devel] [OT] free water, power, food

Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:
> I agree. I am also getting tired of people making a profit off of water,
> electricity, and food. Didn't god create these things? What right does a
> person have to sell them and make a profit on God's creation?

If God had His way, water and food would be free for the taking (actually,
your food - mainly fresh, juicy, ripe fruit - would also be your water), and

we'd have no need for electricity.

Given that this is a fallen world, things aren't so optimal. Nevertheless,
the
Amish and similar communities show that in many cases it is not actually
necessary to use electricity, nor to pay others for food or water.

Cheers; Leon