[sword-devel] Win32 Beta M

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:46:50 +0100

On 6 Jul 2002 at 20:53, Troy A. Griffitts sent forth the message:

> STILL TODO (please volunteer if you're interested in any of these):
>

>      3) Change installmgr to use CURL so I can compile it again -TAG
>      4) move much of installmgr functionality to engine (after 1.5.4?)

ideas of what could be in engine:
--with-curl compile option to specify including installmgr functionality in engine and check
for curl library

managing remote sources - SWRemoteMgr - subclass of SWMgr that knows how to download
and store the sources list
manage Installmgr.conf - SWConfig variable held by SWRemoteMgr

remove module
download and install module
callback hooks to check status?
know about alternative install locations and offer them - e.g. system, personal

How does this look, anything else for this that installmgr/bibletime/gnomesword could share?

Regards,
Daniel