[sword-devel] Sword and MS VC++ 6.0

Robbert Dam sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:47:48 +0200

Thanks (I overlooked those),

I looked in apps/windoze/vc and  saw the project files. But I cannot read
then with Visual Studio 6.0. It says these files are not created with Visual
Studio (both the ActiveDiatheke and swordlib projects).

I copied all the sources in my project and tried to compile them. I get a
load of errors and warnings. Many errors are related to STL classes and
standard C functions (they cannot be found).

Can the files be fixed? Or can someone give me some input on VC project
settings needed to build Sword, so I can do it myself?

Thanks very much,

--Robbert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Little" <chrislit@crosswire.org>
To: <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 2:39 AM
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Sword and MS VC++ 6.0

> Sounds cool Robbert.  You can find MS VC++ 6.0 projects in the
> apps/windoze/vc directory.  You will probably have the best results if you
> copy the files from the swordlib project into your own project, rather
> than trying to use them as a separate library that you then link.
>
> --Chris
>

> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Robbert Dam wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have this registered copy of Microsoft Visual studio 6.0.. and I'd
like to use the Sword API for my application.

> > Is there a way to do this (maybe with just the include files and the lib
files) ? Maybe using nmake?

> > For those interested: My plan is to develop an application that renders
Bible texts fullscreen (using OpenGL). The application can be used to
display bible passages on a beamer (for churches). We have a beamer in our
church and it would be real nice to have a solution that can automate the
rendering of bible verses. Currently I have to cut and paste texts in
PowerPoint for every service.

> > Maybe you're wondering: why OpenGL? Well, besides 3D, it has some good
2D rendering functions.. it's platform independent (well, my first aim will
be the Windows platform) and it provides a huge amount of functionality for
future improvements.