[sword-devel] General Book Support

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:26:08 -0800

> CCEL has a lot of nice tools for converting to ThML, too.
> Are we really going in this direction with Sword? :) :)  That
> would be really great... I'd like to get into the ThML side
> if we're moving there... just let me know what you see as priorities

What we're REALLY moving toward is OSIS, but that's not defined yet.
Until then, we will use ThML.  And the path for converting from ThML to
OSIS should not be too difficult if we decide to convert all our content
(and we won't need to do this because we already have a system of using
multiple content markup drivers).

It's been my position since I joined the project and probably was
assumed before I joined that ThML would be used for
non-[Bible|commentary|LD] modules when we supported them.  So, go
contribute work to CCEL or markup your own works in ThML.

--Chris