[sword-devel] Transliterations

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:02:35 -0700

Chris and Troy.

Here is a rough draft of the help for the new transliteration feature in
BibleCS:

Transliteration changes a text from the script that would be displayed into
a transliteration of it. If the text was Greek, an alpha would become an
"A" or "a", and a beta would become a "B" or "b". This is useful when
documents are prepared for sharing with others that may not be able to
display the native script. For posting text to a newsgroup or an email
list, a transliteration is often the standard format. Transliteration works
for Greek, Hebrew and many other languages.

Comments or suggestions?

After looking at the B-Greek right click copy feature you told me about. It
seems to me that generalizing the B-Greek right click copy feature to a
Copy as Transliteration feature, where one could select any of the
transliterations and use it on many modules, would often be better than
turning transliteration on and off. I would keep the on/off option but add
the copy as transliteration.

JerryPH