[sword-devel] Sword and BibleTime on FreeBSD

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 23:32:24 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Joachim Ansorg <jansorg@gmx.de> wrote: > Hi all!

> There's some work to include Sword and BibleTime on
> FreeBSD. Isn't this
> really cool?

Yep :)

> The last problem is that /etc/sword.conf is
> hardcoded in the sources of Sword
> and BibleTime. As far as I understood it are config
> files of programs put
> into /usr/local/etc/.
>
> How do I make the config file location of sword.conf
> more general in the
> Sword sources? Using Makefile.cfg or what?

in src/mgr/swmgr.cpp SWMgr::findConfig method
there is a check for /etc/sword.conf
that could be replicated to look in /usr/local/etc
as well.
alternatively make that "/etc/sword.conf" into a
define and that could be selected in Makefile.cfg
um, I hope that's clear enough

> I'm a bit clueless about this. Help is really
> appreciated!
>
> Joachim

hth,
Daniel