[sword-devel] zLD / treekey

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:36:01 -0000

On 4 Jan 2002 at 11:37, Martin Gruner sent forth the message:

> > OK, Chris made a deal with me.  He's gonna try / test / debug the zLD
> > stuff and I'm gonna work on general book support. :)

:)

> > To start, I'm gonna work on a new SWKey decendent: TreeKey.  This will
> > be useful in both gbs and the common bookmark format for which everyone
> > is asking.
>
> > Any comments?
>
> Yeah Troy, go right ahead!  =)

agreed :)

> But I would be happy if 1.5.3 could be released before GBS comes. We probably
> won't be able to include this in the upcoming BT release. Why not release
> 1.5.3 after the zLD debugging is done and then continue with 1.5.4 stuff?
>
> Thanks for considering.

possibly you could hold the work locally until 1.5.3 is released?
otoh if it isn't going to be used by anything (i.e. anywhere within existing classes) til after 1.5.3
there should be no disadvantage in having it incomplete in 1.5.3?
If the windows frontend needs the GBS then it could hold off until 1.5.4 which could just
contain GBS as an essential feature addition and anything else as a bonus. Hopefully that
shouldn't be too long anyway. (imho more frequent releases could help keeping up the momentum
that seems to be building at the moment)

> I would like to wish all people who are and were involved with sword a really
> happy and blessed new year. May God use this project to spread his word to
> the "ends of the earth"!
> The last half year was so much more productive than before, and I hope this
> will continue.
> Thanks to all of you.
>
> Martin

Hear hear,