[sword-devel] World Bible Translations Center

Joel Mawhorter sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:39:24 -0800

Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about the World Bible Translations Center
(www.wbtc.com)? There have done translations of the Bible into a number of
languages and have a number of them on there website for free download. They
even allow electronic redistribution (although they require premission to
post translations on a server). They seem to focus on easy of readability. In
fact their English version is the Easy to Read Version which was targeted at
the deaf. I am especially interested in their Chinese and various Indic
language translations. However, I have no way of evaluating the quality of
their translations since I can't read any language except English :-(. That
is why I'm wondering if anyone on this list knows anything about the
organization.

Thanks,

Joel