[sword-devel] location of configuration information

Dan Blake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:38:08 -0500

With these 4 methods of specifying the location of data wouldn't it be
possible to share modules in a multi-booting system, as long as at least one
of those systems could read the others file system? That way you could
install whatever frontend you wanted on each of your operating systems and
install the modules on just one system putting pointers to the modules on
the other system/s.

This would save a lot of space for the users.  I personally have a system
that boots 4 different operating systems and I don't want to install Sword
modules 4 times on the same system.  That would take up way too much hard
drive space!

Thanks for all the work put into this project.

Daniel Blake