[sword-devel] Re:help with step2vpl

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:36:59 -0800

> But it looks like our church is going to move to the new ESV
> translation and so I would like to make a module out of the
> ESV (the software that comes with the Bible is Wordsearch and
> the bible modules don't seem to be in STEP format either.  So
> I have exported the text as Rich Text Format and am now
> trying to work out how to convert the RTF to a sword module.

I would recommend converting the RTF to a verse-per-line format.  If
there is any text formatting or markup in the text, you can use GBF or
ThML for that.  Then just use vpl2mod to compile the Sword module.  This
is available from
http://crosswire.org/download/ftpmirror/pub/sword/utils/ .

> I can't find prn2sword in the utilities directory?  Any help
> would be appreciated.

Prn2sword used to be available on the alpha page, so it will re-appear
when that re-appears.  However, it is only useful for converting Bibles
exported from OLB, so it wouldn't be of any use to you anyway.

--Chris