[sword-devel] library request

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 21:02:47 +0100

Hello all,

due to a current need for it, I wish to request an addition to the API.

Apart from the nice VerseKey::parseVerseList(char* )
function we need an additional function which is able to parse an uncomplete
reference in a given context. Something like
VerseKey::parseVerseListInContext(VerseKey &context, char* reference).

It should be able to parse things like
<scripRef p="v.12">v.12</scripRef> correctly in a given context, say Matthew
5, resulting in a VerseKey containing "Matthew 5:12". Like parseVerseList()
it should also parse more difficult / combined references.

And a stupid question: what is the "bool expandRange" argument in
parseVerseList for?

thanks for considering,

Martin