[sword-devel] Copyright info plus corrections for Tok Pisin/Melanesian Pidgin Bible for PNG

Rev. Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:48:49 +1000

--=====================_20067145==_.ALT

Hey Jonathan:

The Tok Pisin module on the Sword Project web site says that copyright information is unknown. I now make it known.

Papua New Guinea now (since June) has a copyright law. It is likely that they will join a treaty convention which makes PNG copyrights enforceable in the USA and vice versa within a year. Therefore, it would be wise to ask permission to redistribute this text for free before that happens. The address of the copyright owner is:

Bible Society of Papua New Guinea
Box 335
Port Moresby, NCD
Papua New Guinea

I recommend asking in English, as most people in Port Moresby speak (British) English.

The Tok Pisin text I downloaded from Crosswire.org had some rather strange quote mark notations. I corrected many quotation mark problems and some mismarked verse bridges, converted it to GBF (so that I could easily convert it also to HTML and some other formats for local use), and uploaded it to ftp://ebible.org/pub/new/tokpisingbf.zip for your use. I assume that you can quickly and automatically convert it back to RAW format or use it directly, as you do for the World English Bible and the HNV.

Rev. Michael Paul Johnson
Servant of Jesus Christ
mpj@eBible.org
http://eBible.org/mpj/

--=====================_20067145==_.ALT

Hey Jonathan:<br><br>
The Tok Pisin module on the Sword Project web site says that copyright
information is unknown. I now make it known.<br><br>
Papua New Guinea now (since June) has a copyright law. It is likely that
they will join a treaty convention which makes PNG copyrights enforceable
in the USA and vice versa within a year. Therefore, it would be wise to
ask permission to redistribute this text for free before that happens.
The address of the copyright owner is:<br><br>
Bible Society of Papua New Guinea<br>
Box 335<br>
Port Moresby, NCD<br>
Papua New Guinea<br><br>
Moresby speak (British) English.<br><br>
The Tok Pisin text I downloaded from Crosswire.org had some rather
strange quote mark notations. I corrected many quotation mark problems
and some mismarked verse bridges, converted it to GBF (so that I could
easily convert it also to HTML and some other formats for local use), and
uploaded it to
for your use. I assume that you can quickly and automatically convert it back to RAW format or use it directly, as you do for the World English Bible and the HNV.<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Rev. Michael Paul Johnson<br>
Servant of Jesus Christ<br>
mpj@eBible.org<br>