[sword-devel] kjv2003: "tina" in heb 5:12

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:07:20 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Benjamin Norman wrote:

> genitive word, as was your first inclination :). I will change this,

Sounds reasonable. I will add "of" to "glory".

> I have a question for the list: in Heb 5:12 there is 'which {FI}be{Fi}'
> ... /what/ is _which_ supposed to be marked with? Nothing I tried to
> match it to with seemed right, and I left it unmarked until further
> inspiration. So far it has stumped Troy and myself (sorry Troy ;).

So two blind need one who can lead them ;)

UBS Greek New Testament tells that "tina/", accent on the second
syllable, is not very certain. Byzantine text has "ti/na". BAGD says
that "ti, ti/na" can be used "as a substitute for the relative"
(meaning 1 b dzeta). So "tina" is not "that one" but "which". "One"
means that "one teaches" and "one" is implied from context. Maybe it
should be tagged with "teach".

Let me fall into ditch if I am wrong.

  Sincerely Yours,
      Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko@paju.oulu.fi> Suomi Finland