[sword-devel] kjv2003: some words translated with a preposition

Benjamin Norman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 10:19:40 -0500

mea culpa,

Having done a few chapters since this verse and having reviewed my Greek
grammar book for exactly this question: 'than' should go with the
genitive word, as was your first inclination :). I will change this,
thanks for bringing that to my attention. I would be interested in any
further issues in my proofing of Hebrews so if you want something more
to do, why not second proof any green chapters on the status page?
(hopefully you won't find much more in mine after chapter 2 but if you
do so much the better, I can be humble about it O:)

LIST READERS WANTING TO HELP WITH KJV2003:
This goes for all you other lurkers out there not feeling able to take
responsibility for a whole book or chapter. The Greek to English leaves
a lot of room for discussion and I don't mind being peer reviewed :)
especially if it means a better more useful tool for others, in fact I
want it. I have second guessed myself much along the way (ie should
non-declined words like the Hebrew words in Greek {like melchisedek} be
tagged with English prepositions like 'of'... which later examples
indicates yes, otherwise you get into strange situations) ... if you
want to review and document the norms we all are using for use in the
guidelines to help others while you are at it /even better/!

I have a question for the list: in Heb 5:12 there is 'which {FI}be{Fi}'
... /what/ is _which_ supposed to be marked with? Nothing I tried to
match it to with seemed right, and I left it unmarked until further
inspiration. So far it has stumped Troy and myself (sorry Troy ;).

humbly yours,
Benjamin