[sword-devel] The Quran & BoM (was Glossary vs. Dictionary)

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:33:54 -0700

At 10:39 AM 8/30/2002 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:

>Well... _The_ Apocrypha fall into this category as well. For example:
>
>    "Neither shalt thou eat of the hyena; that is again, be not an
>     adulterer, nor a corrupter of others; neither be like such. And
>     wherefore so - Because that creature every year changes its kind
>     and is sometimes male and sometimes female." 8:8
>
>Cheers; Leon

That would be _The Epistle of Barnabas_. That is not the first thing that
comes to my mind when I think of apocrypha. It is of course, but it depends
on who is saying it and what the context is. Anybody want to define terms
so we don't get confused and talk about two things at once when we think we
are talking about one. Also, I know some people who get kind of upset if
you call their Deuterocanoniclal books apocrypha. Anyway, it can be hard to
tell if everyone is on the same page. Then again, maybe we should save this
can of worms until after the new BibleCS release is out.

Jerry