[sword-devel] Glossary vs. Dictionary

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 00:07:14 +0800

>The question is whether we, as a Christian ministry, should be
>distributing copies of the Quran or the Book of Mormon or such.

Oh sorry -- that's a misunderstanding and a whole different can of
worms... :-) I was referring to modules we consider orthodox, but not
in a "perfect" state of conversion. I've been guilty myself of not
releasing something for a long time because I always thought "I'm
going to finish this up soon...". My message was just meant as a
reminder to not fall in to this trap.

Release Early And Release Often. :-)

As for non-"orthodox" or openly non-christian books -- I believe these
belong under the carpet. They can always be referred to when somebody
explicitly asks for them. Although I do think that the modules alone
are not so valuable a tool for Muslims/Mormons that they would really
use Sword as a tool to spread their faith.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"Reality, in fact, is always something you couldn't have guessed. That's
one of the reasons I believe Christianity. It's a religion you couldn't
have guessed."  -- C.S. Lewis, The Case for Christianity