[sword-devel] Beta Z bugs

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:48:49 +0800

>*The dictionaries always show the word I am looking for instead of

Additionally, I am having problems when searching for something in
lowercase... the dictionary lookup will be offset by a few
entries. Typing in uppercase seems to fix the problem.

>*It would be nice to be able to make a verse list from a search

I think we should give some thought on how to deal with verse lists,
search results etc. Let's think about what is needed (by the end user)
and design it cohesively. I like your idea of exporting search results,
but I think it would be more helpful to export them
(formatted/unformatted) to the clipboard. On the other hand, I think
the same export mechanism might be useful for a bookmark branch.

Another idea would be to export/import branches of the bookmark tree
into a file. And of course that could be applied to search results as
well... I would like to be able to save search result lists for future
reference -- that could be a "Saved Searches" branch in the bookmarks.

The reason why I opt for thinking about it a little more is
that we might end up with too many buttons doing too similar things. :-)
I don't think we should include this in the current release though...

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"It still remains true that no justification of virtue will enable a man
to be virtuous."  -- C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man