[sword-devel] Beta "Ya" -- More bugs

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:56:47 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> > Also, I finally understood why the verse selection mechanism feels
> > wrong for me. I have to press the upper arrow button to increase the
> > number. That means, if I scroll the verse list *up*,  it will cause
> > the text display to scroll *down*. This is also illogical because
> > right and bottom represent the "future" in current GUIs, whereas left
> > and top represent the "past". So by pressing the lower button I would
> > expect to move forward.
>
> Yeah, we're just using default spin controls.  I believe we can change
> the behaviour if people feel it makes more sense.

This is how spin controls work and we shouldn't be deviating from standard
GUI conventions, even if some users thing it makes more sense.  There are
likely just as many users who think the opposite behavior would not make
sense.

If we want down arrow to advance to the next verse, we should change the
control to a combobox instead of a spin/textbox.

--Chris