[sword-devel] Beta "Ya" -- More bugs

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:43:45 +0800

>Also, I noticed for the first time that there is no option to set the
>background color.

Well. I'm wrong -- you can set it when you choose the text
font. That's not very obvious, though...

I noticed that the search results list doesn't use the color scheme,
only the verse display at the bottom of the window does.

(I forgot whether I asked this before) Why is the cursor position set
when I only move my mouse around? I am using sword right know to
prepare some papers and it is very annoying to have the current module
set to the commentary all the time because I moved my mouse over it --
especially when doing searches!

Also, it is something that is not customary to the Windows GUI... it
is equivalent to suddenly introducing focus-change-on-mouse-over for a
window (equivalent in confusion, I mean).

Also, I finally understood why the verse selection mechanism feels
wrong for me. I have to press the upper arrow button to increase the
number. That means, if I scroll the verse list *up*,  it will cause
the text display to scroll *down*. This is also illogical because
right and bottom represent the "future" in current GUIs, whereas left
and top represent the "past". So by pressing the lower button I would
expect to move forward.

Unfortunately, I am not sure what to do about it. Win ME's Date/Time
Settings use these arrows the same way, although it also feels
wrong. How do others feel about it?

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the
elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps on trying
other things."  -- Pablo Picasso