[sword-devel] BHS beta posted

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 10:57:39 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 porton@narod.ru wrote:

> What is now after new version of BHS better (more exactly represents The
> Original): BHS or Aleppo?

Which original?

> Analogously, what is the best Greek among versions we have?

It's largely a matter of taste, prejudices, and your association with the
text or the people who make it.

Most real translation today is done with the BHS & the NA27.  There's
really not so much difference between any of them that you can point at
one and say it is definitively the best.  Some people like the new
critical texts because they represent lots of scholarship.  Some people
like the older texts because of translations for which they were used, or
because they dislike the idea of critical scholarship.

> P.S. BTW, it would be nice to have strongs in Hebrew and Greek text, not only
> in translations...

Strongs are in a bunch of our Greek texts, as someone else pointed out.
The Hebrew might be a possibilty someday.

--Chris