[sword-devel] make with gcc 3.1 fails

Nathan Youngman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:55:26 -0600

I tried to do a build with gcc 3.1, but it complains about iostream.h
(or something it's including) being a deprecated header file. This is
the current cvs code I'm building, and reverting back to gcc 2.95 works
fine.

I'm not sure if it is my environment (3.1 is beta on Mac) or something
that could be corrected in the Sword code. So I'm wondering if anyone
successfully uses gcc 3.x on other platforms?

The actual error message is below.

- n8

---
In file included from
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/backward/iostream.h:31,
	from ../src/mgr/swmgr.cpp:35:
/usr/include/gcc/darwin/3.1/g++-v3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2:
#warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated
header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section
17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X>
header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of
the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use
-Wno-deprecated.

---
Nathan Youngman
E-mail: nathany at mac.com