[sword-devel] Mac OS X client - HTML Markup

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 04:08:43 -0700

> Okay, so I got this working with FMT_HTMLHREF (and there does
> appear to
> be a FMT_HTML as well, but I never tried it).
>
> Looks pretty good, though I can't say I've ever seen a <!P>
> tag in HTML
> before!?

There are some non-HTML conventions used in FMT_HTMLHREF that require
parsing & filtering on the client side.  Maybe Terry could elaborate.
Or maybe you can figure them all out by reading the source.

> Is ENC_UTF16 supposed to be Unicode, and what are these other
> encoding
> types? Does ENC_HTML use character entities or something?

ENC_UTF16 is supposed to be UTF-16 but I would not recommend using it
because it is still untested.  ENC_HTML should do numeric character
entities.  I would recommend using ENC_UTF8 and setting the character
encoding to UTF-8 since it will buy you a little bit extra speed in most
cases (by virtue of not requiring any character conversions).

--Chris