[sword-devel] sword license questions

Nathan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:52:06 -0700

Okay... but my client itself doesn't have to be GPLed? I have to make
the source available under one of the compatible licenses.

And I don't need to write "GPL" all over my software, right? If the
source is available under GPL, do the binaries have to state that?

Just curious about this stuff.

While I could probably take the modules and knowledge of how Sword
works (slowly gaining) and write something from scratch with whatever
license I like, I'm not planning to do that. I would certainly like
the help of the community to localize the application and of course
improve the Sword API (such as searching performance).

- n8

--
Nathan Youngman
E-mail: nathany at mac.com