[sword-devel] RSV copyright

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:43:01 +0100

Hi .........

On 15 Oct 2001, at 11:10, Jerry Hastings wrote:
> A work must have been published before 1923 to be sure it is in
> the public domain, in the US.

I think it may be different here in the UK - I've an idea that the RSV is
under British copyright, and (I think) our copyright expires after fifty years
- technically, fifty years after the death of the author - in the case of a
publication written by an individual.  I expect it is different for a translation
copyright.  It needs checking out, but if I'm right, then we ought to be OK
next year, if we have the 1952 version.

Regards,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,