[sword-devel] Sword exporter (Diaspora)

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 01:25:20 -0700

New version posted.

There was a major bug, namely I forgot to run the module text through
the render filters, so it was always outputting as ThML.
I added 2 new export formats: "PBR" is Palm Bible Reader's import format
(http://palmbible.sourceforge.net/) and Plain outputs plaintext (very
similar looking to mod2vpl, but with markup degraded to plaintext).

Again, output is ALWAYS UTF-8, so I'd recommend that anyone using this
on non-ASCII materals targetting a non-UTF-8 program or platform use
something like iconv (part of ICU) to convert the result to a compatible
8-bit encoding.

Anyone feel like writing a ThML->Sword converter for
Bibles/Commentaries/LD? :)

--Chris