[sword-devel] 1.5.2 Compile on Solaris summary

Jacob Daniel sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:34:52 -0500

I just wanted to summarize the issues that I ran into while
compiling the sword library on Solaris (althoug I was a mostly
GNU environment.)  Much thanks to Brady Morgan for the
suggestions.

1) The lelong and leshort function in zverse.cpp needs and
   additional:
   #include <sys/pctypes.h>

2) "make install" has a problem with the following line in include/Makefile.org

headers += $$(ls *.h)

install -o vhdllib -g vhdllib -m a+r,u+rw $(ls *.h)
/home/vhdllib/jacob/gnu/include/sword/
/bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
make[1]: *** [just-install] Error 2

The following seemed to work for me:
headers += $(wildcard *.h)

3) After installation the following message is given:

sword is installed
type "make install_config" to install a basic configuration
Type "make register" to help us keep track of how many people
have seen it.

Typing make install_config actually tries to modify
/etc/sword.conf although my prefix in the Makefile.cfg is
different.

Maybe the tool wouldn't look anywhere else other than /etc/ for
global settings(?)

In Christ,
Jacob