[sword-devel] question and suggestion

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 14:35:46 +0100

When compiling sword I now see neat messages like

../../../include/utilstr.h:79: warning: overflow in implicit constant
conversion

in many places. Is that correct?

A proposal for the already outstanding new SWBasicFilter class (thank you
Troy and Terry--it's terrific): it would be nice to have the possibility to
access the various options in a tag. Example:

<tag1 opt1=text1 opt2=text2 opt3=text3> blah </tag1>

Now I would like to be able to do something like

string = tag.name;  //"tag1"

if (tag.hasOption("opt1"))  //true
  string = tag.getValue("opt1"); //"text1"

You see I am no xml expert and probably I don't have the terminology correct.
But I think this would make creating proper filters for ThML (and probably
OSIS too) much easier. But I don't know how complicated this would be.

Martin