[sword-devel] JB Phillips New Testament.

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:12:55 +0100

Hi .....

After giving up on the NET bible, I'm thinking about the JB Phillips work.

There is an HTML version of the JB Phillips New Testament on CCEL at
http://www.ccel.org/bible/phillips/JBPhillips.htm which I am thinking of
making into a module.  Not quite sure how to arrange it as yet, as
Phillips rarely sticks to individual versification.  I shall probably end up
with a verse containing three or four verses followed by two or three
verses containing only carriage returns most of the time.

The CCEL is the original version, and not Phillips' 1957 revision, but
would make a worthwhile module.  I just wondered if anyone else is
currently working on it?  It is copyright, but I get the impression that the
person who made it available did not have too much difficulty in getting
copyright permission.

May God bless you all,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,