[sword-devel] Morphological tags

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 15:14:53 -0700

LXXM.DOC in the module directory contains the key.

I'd personally like to add Perl (or another scripting engine, but I will
fight hard for Perl unless a much simpler, smaller one is found) so that
we can do some kind of script plugins for things like this.  I'd like to
be able to have a module that is nothing but a (Perl) script and will
take a key, process it, and return something.

We could do a gazillion things with this.

We could have a Morphology script module, pass it a tag, and have it
return the meaning in human language.  Or we could have an NIV script
module that queried a web source and returned the text for a given
passage.  Then we would actually have a distributable NIV, even if it
were only usable online and couldn't be searched.

I know we could do these as compiled code, but a scripted module driver
makes so much more sense to me.  Mark that as a 1.7+ task though. :)

--Chris