[sword-devel] some updates

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:44:49 +0100

--Message-Boundary-16100

Hi Chris and other module makers
While you are updating the modules would it be possible to think
about changing a few more things. I sent the attached mail a while
back but there was no response then. If things were organised
something like this we should be able to autogenerate rpms and debs.

Daniel

--Message-Boundary-16100

From: Daniel Glassey <danglassey@yahoo.com>
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: module format
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:33:18 -0000

I've started packing some modules for Debian, but it's rather tedious
by hand (especially trying to extract the copyright from amongst
other info). I'm sure it could be automated, but the modules would
need to be standardised.
At the moment different files are included in the module directory
depending on the modules, readmes, copyright stuff, ...

I would propose:
(1) only 1 copy of <module>.conf - in mods.d (it's too confusing if
there is one in the module directory as well.)
(2)a separate directory doc/<module> where any extra documentation
for the module goes.
(3)a copyright directory where the copyright goes in a file <module>
(4)_only_ module data files go in the module directory
modules/<moduletype>/<moduledriver>/<module>
(5)the copyright could also be a specific part of <module>.conf

Thoughts?
Daniel

P.S. I've had a quick look at the jsword files and am thinking about
adding a pkgType tgz for module.tar.gz. (it helps for making debs if
the source is like that) using the java tar module
http://www.trustice.com/java/tar/
(www.gjt.org where the files are is down at the mo though :/ )
but I'm not sure how to intergrate it, though it ought to be similar to
ZipStream, and don't have anything set up to test it on.

-- End --

--Message-Boundary-16100--