[sword-devel] Status Update - Color Schemes

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:15:37 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C0F7C6.796DD400

Sorry I did not make it. I got 95% done on Saturday night and I was very =
excited to finish up on Sunday. But when I got home my computer was =
making an alarm noise and when I took the cover off the fan had fallen =
off the CPU and fried the CPU. I just upgraded my machine Friday and =
things were going pretty good but before church Sunday I decided to run =
a defrag and the load on the CPU caused it to run really hot and =
weakened the fan mount so the fan fell off. I don't know if I got a =
freak CPU that ran too hot or if the fan was on wrong or if the plastic =
was just unusually weak in that area.
I tried to put together my old machine and use it but NT freaked out, =
since I installed some new drivers for the MB and now I have to wait =
until I take it in to get replaced. I was able to at least see that my =
work was safe through Linux.
But on a good note I am happy to say that schemes work very nicely. I =
just have the preview to work on. I will keep you up to date as I try to =
get back to my work. I could REALLY use your prayers. :)
In Christ,
David

BTW in case anyone is interested an AMD Thunderbird 1.3Ghz ROCKS. My old =
AMD K6II 350Mhz took about 40 minutes, and at work I have a PIII 700Mhz =
and a full compile takes 25 minutes. On this new machine it takes five =
minutes, really!! It is worth the upgrade by far.=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20