[sword-devel] beta 1.5.2 WIN32 binary available

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:24:39 -0700

Looks like it's very buggy, though which of these are particular to me
and which are real bugs I can't say having only tested on one machine.

The context menu for the Bible window doesn't come up.

ChiGU-UTF8 works well, but the module I posted yesterday, LXXM, which
also uses UTF-8 does not.  The text appears to display as Chinese, but I
know it's spitting out the correct UTF-8 characters because it works
correctly in IE.  It appears that something is modifying the characters
because the epsilon and nu that start Genesis should be "ε" and "ν"
but are being rendered as "瀵" and "瀽" according to rich text
copying.

Updates to the render window for this module also seem to cause crashes
quite frequently.  One repeatable crash happens with this module when
both Strong's and Morph tags are turned on.  This could be my fault, but
I don't see any errors in the RTF output when both are enabled.

The Morph tags are having their first character removed.  For example, a
tag that should appear "(PREP)" is appearing as "(REP)".  The RTF
returned by GBFRTF is "{\fs15 (PREP)}".

The Chinese does look good, but I'm wondering if the control has some
Chinese-specific settings to cause it to misrender Greek.

--Chris