[sword-devel] new/updated modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 19:34:12 -0700

BBE is update with Jerry's correction.

A new module, LXXM, has been posted.  This looks like it is going to be
a very nice text.  It's a morphologically & Strong's tagged Rahlf's
Septuagint in UTF-8 and compressed.  The morph tags needed a new
GlobalOptionFilter, so one was added.  The GBF tag for morphology was
partially being handled by our Strong's filter, so I moved that portion
out of Strong's and into the Morph filter.

This change required that the new Morph filter option be added to the
.conf files of the following modules: KJV, FreLSG, DutSVV, GerLut, RST,
& RWebster.  (So, while they appear updated, the only change is to the
.conf.)

The Morph tags in our old modules (the 6 I just listed) follow an
OLB-proprietary format that basically assigns Strong's numbers to TVM
data.  The Morph tags in the LXXM and the morphologically tagged GNTs
that I'll be working on use Packard's morphological analysis codes.
LXXM uses a simplified version (and there's a doc included with full
explanation) but the more complex version can be seen here:
http://www.shamash.org/tanach/tanach/text/bhs.info/grkmorph.txt.  It
seems as though we should probably create some way to parse these and
output non-abbreviated information.

--Chris