[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary with schemes

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:38:16 -0700

> > Is it possible to have the current verse indicated by a different
> background
> > colour? Currently, red-letter verses don't get their colour changed
> > when they are the current verse.
>
> I will look into it. I believe so but I do remember an area
> in the code where someone was trying to use a shading for the
> current verse and it doesn't seem to work. If I remember
> right the comment was something like "This should work but it
> doesn't" But that was shading highlighting is probably
> different. Sorry I am being vague, I am new to RTF controls.
> If it can be done I may do it. But I am curious if the red
> letters are overriding the frontend's RTF flags and therefore
> background color may be as well. I need to look into it. It
> may be a while before I get to it though.

The filters embed the red letter verses in a {\cf6 .... } block, where
cf6 is defined in the RTF header as red.  To change it would be a bit
tricky since that block will always be inside (and therefore override)
anything you add around the data returned by the engine.  You could
change the returned data for the current verse, however, and make any
\cf6's into the current verse color.  It would just require additional
string work on the returned verse, which we don't otherwise do.

Colored backgrounds might be simpler and may appeal to some people even
without the issue of red letter verses.

--Chris