[sword-devel] new WIN32 binary with schemes

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:24:52 -0700

> They are but then fonts and text colors are also. I think you can override
> most of these, not just fonts and text colors. But you need to do it for
> all objects on the form. Check your configuration file and if a setting
> there is not a default then set the color for all the relevant objects.
You
> are right, it can be a mess, depending on how easy it is to keep track of
> all the objects. (You don't change the OS setting. You just override the
> color in the program at each relevant object.)

The problem that I see is that there is a nice division between windows and
the documents they contain. Windows handles all the windows renderings for
dialog boxes and buttons, etc. Rendering the document those windows contain
are primarily controlled by the application itself. You can overide the
color and fonts of buttons etc. but I think if the user really wanted to
they would just go to the Diplay properties and change it all there. A good
example is your help files that have a light purple color scheme applied to
the buttons, etc. I think this is a nice division, but maybe someone else
disagrees and will add that ability.

My main purpose for adding the color scheme ability was to make the text
easy to read on the screen. I hate reading from the computer screen and if I
can make it easier on my eyes then I am all for it. Everyone is different
and so different schemes work better for different people. I personally like
the parchment scheme. It is easier on my eyes than black an white. So my
purpose was semi-selfish but benificial for all. :)

> Oh, I thought that was Troy. I would have specified my settings but I have
> giving them to Troy on a number of other screen bugs. I have large fonts
> selected in display/settings/advanced, and 1024x768. The large font
setting
> seems to create a lot of problems.

There is a scaling option for controls and it adjusts a form for differing
font sizes. I just need to se that to true and I think it will work out.