[sword-devel] Sword-Perl 0.3

John Keiser sword-devel@crosswire.org
26 Jul 2001 10:46:07 -0400

UTF modules aren't yet handled.  I'll try and get that into the next
release (probably more like this weekend--lots of work to do this week).
Other stuff I'm planning is other search methods (right now it's exact
by default and I don't even think that's a good default) and a few new
methods (next_chapter, next_book) and some of the changes suggested by
the good Troy Griffits as to how to use the Sword API more effectively.

I'm considering parsing out some of the remaining <CM>'s and other crud
from the text ... is there a list of these tags and their meanings
somewhere?  It's be neat to be able to parse them in suhc a way that the
page actually looks better.  I have seen <CM> and <FI> somewhere, and I
swear I saw some tags at one point that seemed to indicate references.

Also, how do you actually add a filter properly?  What do the different
filter levels (Raw, Strip, Render, Option) actually mean, and which
filters can you put where?  I was trying to turn Strong's numbers on
earlier, but it didn't seem to have any affect no matter where I added
the filter.  I created a new GBFStrongs and setOptionValue("on"), and
then tried adding it to my SWModule using several methods.  I think I
tried AddOptionFilter and then AddStripFilter (after I read the filter
docs paragraph in the API primer).

Just as relevantly, where should I add the UTF8 filter?

Thanks!

--John