[sword-devel] OpenBible

Ted Rolle sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:27:39 -0700 (PDT)

Too bad Open (as in the adjective "free") and Open (as in the verb "open")
are rendered the same in English...
Does this suggest some train of creative thought?  I'd prefer not to be on
their level; perhaps we can do something linguistically that is better.

Ever wondered about the reason that many new products are named with "non
words"?  Lexus, Vitara, ...

I understand that the drug companies have computer programs that generate
good-sounding nonsense words.  Then someone from marketing goes over the
list with a yellow marker and Viola! a new drug name.  My doc said that
they use a lot of 'X's and 'Z's.  She used to be a programmer...