[sword-devel] New Web Site

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:32:03 +0100

Hi there ...........

On 19 Jul 2001, at 8:56, dtrotzjr@arilion.com wrote:
> Or we could have it as simple as Paul stated it in 1Corinthians 15:1-8

I rather like that.

Our URC statement of faith tries to keep it simple by saying that it
acknowledges the Bible "discerned under the guidance of the Holy Spirit,
as the supreme authority for the faith and conduct of all God's people".

We might not all agree as to exactly what we mean by "all God's people".

We do not try to insist that the discernment of any one group within our
church is to be valued against that of any other - and we are a *very*
broad church.  The guidance of the Holy Spirit is claimed only for what
we are able to agree together.  This is when "it seems good to the Spirit,
and to us".  This is something that tends to annoy the hardliners in our
denomination.  Maybe we need to do more praying when that happens.

But I think I've started a slightly "off topic" discussion on what ought to
be a mainly techie list.  Can I apologise for that?

God bless all of you,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,
Nottingham - see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com for our church homepages).