[sword-devel] New Web Site

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 07:59:51 -0500

Here is what I don't understand, why do we support mormon texts?  It is well
known that they are a cult, what are we trying to do with this?

-Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of Barry Drake
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 3:59 AM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: [sword-devel] New Web Site

Hi ........

Just back - so couldn't join in earlier.  Wonderful job.  I can see how
much more easily I could have got into Sword if I'd had this page to come
to instead of the old one.  Congratulations!

One point:  "We are working on a statement of faith".  I find this a bit
worrying.  In the short time I've been a module developer, I've talked with
folk from all persuasions including a Christadelphian.  I don't think we
could actually go any further than: "We believe in one God, the God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" without alienating somebody who may
be interested.  And don't forget that we support a Jewish Tanach and a
Mormon translation too!

My vote would be not to try to have a statement of faith at all - just to
have our own faith in our Father God, and the Lord Jesus Christ each in
our owh way.  Every time the church has fallen out in the past it is
because it has tried to put in writing what it believes!  Having said that,
believe in the Sword project.  May it long flourish.

God bless you all.

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,
Nottingham - see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com for our church