Fw: [sword-devel] BibleCS name? I Re-cast my vote :)

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:45:21 -0700

Message> What we need is a name that people are going to understand and that
is catchy.  I think BibleCS fails both those tests, especially when it
doesn't currently act as a Bible Contruction Set (I think that was what it
stood for, right).

I agree. BibleCS isn't too catchy, so....

> Also how about "OpenBible" or "Open Bible"?  I know Paul Gear's project
has/had this name, but that was specifically for Unix, so it could still use
that name.  Besides, to my knowledge that project was kind of scrapped
(correct me if I'm wrong).  "OpenBible" is simple and succint, and it
addresses two primary concerns, the openness of the software and the fact
that it is Bible software.  Plus there are some good ad slogans we could
generate out of it like, "Open your Bible with OpenBible." :)

I re-cast my vote for OpenBible (SO long as the OpenBible project was really
scrapped.
Paul, are you still with us? Could you confirm this if you are? And do you
mind if we use that name?

If so I like it. It says alot.

In Christ,
David Trotz