[sword-devel] New Sword Website: Drum roll please...

Don A. Elbourne Jr. sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:20:15 -0500

Jonathan,

Great job. You have done a lot of work! I love what you did with the FAQ....
well I better not start listing all the things that I like, or if I
inadvertently leave something out, you will think something is up.  :-) I
like it all.

Just a few considerations...

Under Download, it might be more logical to have the Source Code at the
bottom of the list, instead of the top. Also, in the side nav the order is
Linux, windows, and in the main cell the order is Windows, Linux. I don't
care which comes first, but maybe we could switch one around to be
consistent.

The screenshot graphic on the download page is missing a border="0" and the
height and with attributes. And at one point it was linked to a larger
screenshot image. now it is linked to the main BibleCS page.

What is the latest news about the "news?" Did you find anyone that was
willing to work on that? What would really be cool is to allow authorized
people to use a web based form to submit news to a database. The news could
be inserted dynamically into the web page. It would also be cool if it could
crank out a RSS/RDF file so that the news could be syndicated to other
sites. For example on www.mychristianstart.com

BTW: There is an RDF file for the mailing list archive at
http://www.mail-archive.com/sword-devel@crosswire.org/maillist.rdf

On the text/module downloads, I'm assuming you have those tables SSIed in.
The ModDisp.jsp generates <HTML></HTML> tags around the table. I think most
browsers ignore this, but some browsers might choke on it, I don't know. We
might want to look into removing those.

those are the only few things I see this morning. None of them are major.
You've done a great job!

by grace alone,

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org