[sword-devel] New Sword Website: Drum roll please...

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:09:06 -0700

Very nice! It works well for me.

It does bring up a question again. Is BibleCS the official name now? In the
help files I have simply called it the Sword. It was my impression that The
Sword Project was bigger than the win32 software. And the program was often
referred to as simply the Sword on the developers list. I have thought that
both The Sword Project and the Sword were confusing names for the program.
So, should I edit the help files to say BibleCS instead of the Sword? (Ok,
I will bite. What is CS anyway? Computer Software, CrossWire Software,
Christian Software, Computer Sword, or what?) It will be even more
confusing if the web site uses one name while the help files use another.

Also, in the projects/volunteers section, perhaps you could add the win32
help files (Sword.chm) as a volunteer project. I am sure there are better
ways to format the help file pages and topics. If people with a talent for
this kind of documentation want to volunteer I would be glad to help them
make improvements and/or take over. And it could be a team effort--writers
(content and html), proofreaders (spelling and grammar), graphic artists
(screen shots and other images), and testers (verify the information is
complete and correct and clear). It also would be nice to translate it into
other languages. And all this takes some coordinating to keep the links in
the TOC and Index working and up to date. Sounds a lot like creating a web
site and it is similar. What do you think?

Jerry