[sword-devel] new/updated modules (& new beta module site)

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:52:57 -0700

I updated Barnes, hopefully correcting all the problems Stephen mentioned.

I also created a module beta site.  It's located at ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/betaraw.  So to add it to Install Manager, clone your CrossWire.org site and change the directory from 'raw' to 'betaraw'.

The first beta module is in there.  It's a KJV Audio Bible in HREFCom format that uses CrossWalk.com's RealAudio feeds.  Song of Solomon and Obadiah are omitted because they don't have per-verse info on these on their site.

The current version will play only that verse which you select.  I'm leaning towards having it play the entire chapter that contains the verse you select.  Another possibility would be to have it play the entire chapter starting at the verse you select.

I'm also unsure how copyright figures into this since it is just linking.  And I don't mean copyright as it was intended by its inceptors, but copyright as it has been abused, confused, and corrupted by American corporations (and religions invented by L. Ron Hubbard).  So I have in mind to use another source for the audio (and even do an MP3 or OGG version from a PD reading for people who don't want to use an online streamed version).

--Chris