[sword-devel] Windows Frontend Name?

sword-devel@crosswire.org sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:56:48 -0700

> As Troy mentioned, "BibleCS" is the in-house name.  Nobody outside of
> sword-devel who hasn't looked through the source tree knows this as the
> name.  Everyone else simply knows it as "The SWORD Project".

I understand, but it would be nice to identify it better. People don't
neccessarily need to know right now what BibleCS means. It can be a mystery,
much like what we will be when the Master is done with us :) when we finish
the new protoype we can reveal the name's meaning. Or could we come up with
a unique name for the front end?

> BibleCS isn't that appropriate of a name currently since the released
> version doesn't handle building desktops, etc.  So maybe a name change
> would be appropriate.  Or we could officially dub the Win32 front end as
> "The SWORD Project" for all intents and purposes to Win32 users.

But when we seperate the frontend won't that be confusing that there are 2
sword projects?

> There is definitely something to be said for having a unique name.
> *cough* e-Sword *cough* confusingly similar *cough* *cough*

:-)

In Christ,
David Trotz