[sword-devel] new/updated modules

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:42:05 +1200

> Barry sent me a couple modules to post.  There's an update to Montgomery
> that should have the problems Stephen pointed out fixed.  Can you check
> this out Stephen to be sure it's correct now?

Confirmed. That problem has been totally fixed.

> And he sent me a version of J. B. Phillips' translation.  This version
> contains the verse in the first verse referenced in a particular block
> of text.  Barry also perpared a version that has subsequent verses
> linked back to the first verse, but since BibleCS can't handle this
> currently (I haven't checked BibleTime) we'll post this version for now.
> This translation is locked.

This always shows text that looks like it should be coded as headings.
I was wondering what BibleCS would do with blocks of verses. Do any other modules do this? I think it would work slightly better if
BibleCS positioned the text in the window so that the start of the block was always visible. Also, we could have a module.conf
setting, indicating that the text works with blocks, and in that case to highlight the block when any of the verse references from
the block are selected.

> I also prepared an LD module called Packard that can be used to look up
> Packard's morphology codes that appear in the LXXM and a new version of
> the N27U4 on the way.  Just FYI... the module is 385k but the script
> used to generate it was only 14k--evidence that a script plugin
> interface would be useful. :)

Excellent!
N1 definitions say "...ending it -η" instead of "...ending in -η"
V9 definitions show boxes "V9 AAS2PPart of speech: verb, progressive, εἰμί and εἰ̂μι"
What's the difference between "C" and "C X", between "D", "D DSF", and "D P", between "A1 APF" and "A1A APF" etc?
And... could you add definitions & examples to include for all the names of parts of speech etc? eg aorist, dative, dental,
genetive, middle, participle, relative...
Does anyone know of some great public domain definitions and examples?

Stephen Denne.